Summer baking, anyone?
Why not? Extra time in the mornings means you can go slow, right?
For us, some mornings have extra time around here. Some mornings have kiddos needing to be at camp earlier than they needed to be at school! (With further drive times too! What was I thinking?)
But for the slow mornings. These muffins are an option all my guys love.
What you need: 1/2 cup rolled oats, 4 ripe bananas, 1 egg, 3/4 c brown sugar, 1/2 c unsalted butter, 1 (heaping) c flour, 2 tablespoons baking powder, 1 cup pecans.
1. Take 1/2 cup of rolled oats and let soak. (Water's fine, but this time around I used unsweet vanilla almond milk)
2. Mash 4 bananas and 1 egg in a bowl.
3. Dump in 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/3 soft unsalted butter and beat in well.
4. Mix dry ingredients: 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons baking powder, and the soaked oats. (Okay fine, the oats aren't that dry, but they're still in this group.)
5. Add dry ingredients to the banana mush.
6. Stir in 1 cup pecans (whole or chopped--whatever you like--and if you want walnuts then walnuts it is)
7. Bake 20 min at 375.