I've been slowly reading, unpacking One Thousand Gifts. When I finish it, I plan to turn back to the beginning and start over. And, of course, I've been keeping my list.
A few from January...
13. Turning the heat on for the first time this winter.
14. Best honeybell orange ever.
17. In birthday phone conversation with my dad, he asked if I have any gray hairs yet. This was a joke. At 66 my dad has very little gray and he very well knows that at 34 I have none.
24. Men in pink tutus.
27. The smell of oregano.
32. Andrew Peterson our morning routine soundtrack.
38. Uno game before bed. Blue's too-little hands dropping cards.
40. Another safe flying day for Kevin (and all of MFI).
43. Toby high-fiving a big black guy in a restaurant.
44. Poppy! In a play!
49. Animated book group.
52. Ms. Agi always waiting for Blue with hugs.
54. Soft butt landings after 4 ft tree falls. (Blue)
58. The word "guppy." It makes Toby giggle.
61. A conversation with Blue in the car about aliens and bug eating and doing puzzles in space.
64. Morning tea.
67. Brothers. I get to raise brothers.